Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Albums

Music is a big hobby of mine and I listen to virtually every genre of music, although my genres I listen to the most are indie rock and alternative hip-hop music.  I listen to music by the album, but I do listen to the occasional EP and single.

My Top 5 Favorite Albums Are
1. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel

14/10

This album has a lot of nostalgic value for me personally, and as of lately, the more I listen to it the better it gets.  Beautiful lyricism and music that's just gorgeously minimalistic makes this album, in my opinion, the greatest album of all time.







2. Pink Moon by Nick Drake


14/10

This album has the best atmosphere of just about any album in history.  Only a little over 28 minutes long, this album, while somewhat happy sounding, also gives you a sense of sadness.  The sound and music is very somber and soft.








3. Revolver by The Beatles

13/10

It may be controversial to say with all the love of Abbey Road and Sgt. Peppers out there, but I believe Revolver is the greatest Beatles album.  The sound and harmony of this album is just, to me, more enthralling than that of the other highly acclaimed Beatles albums.








4. Illmatic by Nas

13/10

It may not be a surprise to other hip-hop fans that I chose this, but Illmatic is, without a doubt, one of the greatest albums in history.   Nas's lyrics are not as gritty as other east coast hip-hop artists, but they're deeper, and the beats in this album are masterpieces of complex simplicity.

5. The Airing of Grievances by Titus Andronicus

13/10

This album is proof that rock music is not dead.  I've always loved Titus Andronicus for their music, but I feel like this album is their lyrical masterpiece.  In every song, there are references to love, death, and philosophy.  Growing up seems to be the major theme in this album.



No comments:

Post a Comment