Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reflektor by Arcade Fire


Reflektor was Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire's fourth studio album, and arguably their most highly anticipated.  Because of how much I enjoyed their previous albums, I was quite excited to give this one a listen.  It's hard to think that the band that released an album as perfect as Funeral would release anything bad right?  Maybe it was the new sound they tried to take on in this album, but I was left wholly unsatisfied with this LP.  The sound of this album reminded me more of the art rock, electronic kind of sounds that you would hear in an album like Kid-A by Radiohead, which worked for that album, but I feel as though Arcade Fire couldn't pull it off.  Overall, it wasn't the worst album I had ever heard, but it was by far Arcade Fire's worst.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment